Step 5 – How to Optimize Immune System Function
– Attend to all the foundational items discussed at the top of this outline.
– Try to get more sleep if you have an increase in stress or you’ve been exposed to infectious diseases
– Consistently practice breath work, which has been proven to improve immune system function
– Maximize natural light exposure.
– Optimize protein intake.
– Consider taking additional vitamin D.
– Increase your intake of phytonutrients, such as anthocyanins and polyphenols – organic coffee, green tea cacao, turmeric, leafy greens, berries, and many others
Supplements to Support Immune System Function
(this could be a very long list, so I’m focusing on the heavy hitters)
- Whole food vitamin C supplementation rather than just taking ascorbic acid
- Elderberry (Gaia, that’s my favorite brand)
- Turmeric – especially when combined with ginger and black pepper
- Optimize Nitric Oxide and Glutathione availability
- Mushroom products
- Turkey tail
This video series provides an overview of the practices and supplements that will result in improvements in health through the holidays and the rest of your life.
The accompanying outline provides an overview of the material in the video series.
Join Dr. Gus Vickery for Healthy for the Holidays. Start the New Year happier, leaner, stronger, and all-around healthier.